Get ready for Safer Sun Time this summer! The SunFriend helps you optimize Vitamin D from the sun + helps you manage safer sun exposure! Choose from 4 colors!
UVA+B SunFriend® is the worlds first true customizable activity monitor for safer daily UV exposure!
There is a fine line between overexposure, which can lead to skin damage and even skin cancer, and underexposure, which can result in vitamin D deficiency.
The SunFriend® UV wearable activity monitor was inspired by tiny yet powerful UV sensors developed at NASA.
While wearing the SunFriend®, you can more safely and healthfully enjoy all of your favorite outdoor activities!
Did you know?
When you use sunscreen, you prevent beneficial ultraviolet B from penetrating the skin, which is what your body needs to make vitamin D! The same goes when you cover up completely! And vitamin D deficiency is at a pandemic level around the world! Watch our UVA+B Video!
In the United States, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation, 1 in 5 people will get skin cancer – despite the increase use of sunscreens! Skin cancer incidents are even higher in other places like Australia and New Zealand!
Our solution is to get “Safer Sun Time™” by wearing UVA+B SunFriend®!
- You set your personal skin color and sensitivity
- The SunFriend® reads your UV exposure throughout the day – from sun, reflected surfaces, indoors and outside.
- When all your LEDs light up, you have had your safer amount of UV/Sun for the day!
- SunFriend® is waterproof to 3M, so it is beach friendly!
UVA+B SunFriend® empowers people to reduce their skin damage and optimize their vitamin D simultaneously.
More people are taking charge of their own health!
SunFriend® empowers people to enjoy the benefits of the sun more safely!
SunFriend® is approved by the Vitamin D Council.
These folks are all wearing the new UVA+B SunFriend® with our patented, cutting-edge UV activity technology monitor to help them make the most of your time in the sun.
The UVA+B SunFriend®; designed to be the world’s best personal activity monitor for daily UV exposure!
UVA+B SunFriend is a new tool for the emerging world of self-empowered healthcare, for the people who are taking more responsibility over their own health. When you set your personal sensitivity setting to match your specific sky type and/or color, the rest of the work is done for you. SunFriend's technology is based on internationally recognized scientific research for safe daily exposure levels of UVA and UVB.
Empower yourself for "Safer Sun Time™".
Compelling reasons to monitor for daily UV over-exposure:
- 1 in 5 people in the USA will get skin cancer (60 Million People)
- About 90% of non-melanoma skin cancers are associated with exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun
- Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the USA
- According to the World Health Organization “one in every three cancers diagnosed worldwide is a skin cancer.”
Compelling reasons to monitor for daily UV under-exposure:
- Vitamin D deficiency is now recognized as a pandemic. The major cause of vitamin D deficiency is the lack of appreciation that sun exposure in moderation is the major source of vitamin D for most humans. http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/87/4/1080S.full
- ...According to research presented at the 25th annual meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies, patients with daytime sleepiness and musculoskeletal pain are likely to have vitamin D insufficiency or deficiency...
- An excerpt from the Lancet... Studies show melanoma mortality actually decreases after UV exposure. Additionally, melanoma lesions do not predominate sun-exposed skin, which is why sunscreens have proven ineffective in preventing it. Exposure to sunlight, particularly UVB, is protective against melanoma—or rather, the vitamin D your body produces in response to UVB radiation is protective. We suspect that the benefits to heart health of sunlight will outweigh the risk of skin cancer.
- Vitamin D is intimately involved not only in immune system function, but also brain function. It appears that vitamin D has protective effects and immunomodulatory effects in the brain, and is useful in neurodegenerative and neuroimmune diseases, typified by MS. (http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org)
- Optimized Vitamin D Levels can reduce breast cancer risk by 77% over a 4 year period according to a study published in 2007 in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Empower yourself or a loved one with a commemorative breast cancer awareness UV activity monitor.
Sign up for our newsletter and be first in line for the UVA+B SunFriend market release in the Spring of 2014 and get ready to have safer fun in the sun!
Yeah! With the help of all our new SunFriends, we met our goal and raised valuable funds to secure our launch in time for summer 2014! Thank you! To see the results of the campaign, please click here!
Lots of people having Safer Sun Time!™
For more information, please email Safer@SunFriend.com.